Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Club in Se Mass & RI area

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by the beast, Sep 21, 2004.

1. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

Please come & check out the Freedom TrailRiders!!

We're just starting out, so please feel free to ask questions.

Especially check out the "Who we are & what we're about" pages.Even if you don't want to join, please support our endevors.

This is open to ALL makes of 4x4. But I'm getting over run by the Jeepers. we need a few more Full size rigs!!

Thanks for you time and hope to see you there!!

Roger Blank
    VP Freedom TrailRiders 4WDC

2. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Sweet, I'm in, just need a rear axle. Where do you guys go wheeling?

-Chris

3. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Sounds like something I'd like to be involved with, if the meetings and trail runs aren't too far away.
    I like the active stance you guys take on land use issues. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Looks good to me! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

Cool! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Glad to see some interest here.

To answer some questions:

Trail rides will typically take place in Western Ma (Florida Rd, Gutter, etc) or RI (Driveshaft hill). As a member (or soon to be) of the Northeast Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, we'll have access to 1000's of acres of private land in New England as well. We'll also be working to gain access to more public land for everyone, and possibly some private land deals locally. I'd like to take a moment to make the important point that ALL wheeling activity will be done on a completely legal basis. If in doubt, we won't run it. One of our goals as a club is to provide the non-wheeling world with a positive image of off roaders.

Again this club is open to all makes. so if you got a buddy with a Heep, pass the word.

And even though we are based in Southeast Mass & RI, we're open to members from anywhere. So if you like what we're about, feel frre to drop in as well! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

BTT for a new day.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. TruckNutzDude

I'd really like to see this become a family oriented club. There aren't too many clubs around as it is but trying to find one that will have family picnics and camping trips is hard. I, myself, don't have a "wife and kids" but I would like to take my parents with me or maybe my girlfriend or just some friends on a camping trip where I could show them what wheeling is all about and why I have a "slightly illegal" Blazer in my yard on 44's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

As a S.E. Mass resident,I'm glad to see a club like this in my area--all I can say is bravo--about time!--I hope there is an acre or two of open land left around here to wheel on--here in raynham,we are udergoing a population explosion,the size of our population in 90% of the towns here have tripled in the past 4 or 5 years--I heard my town now has no buildable lots left,and much of our open space has vanished.I'm beginning to hate it here--too much traffic and road rage during the day,at night it becomes a boring ghost town with nothing to do--a place to go wheeling and meet friends would be a light at the end of the tunnel!. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9. TruckNutzDude

It's starting to become just like that in my area also. I'm really thinking of moving the 10 feet past my back yard into Connecticut. The lift laws there are much more forgiving and there are actually some places to wheel on, or so I've heard. If there's a need for any representatives in the Western part of Mass. I'd be happy to offer my services and spread the word. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

We will DEFINATELY be family oriented. As I am married and have 3 kids myself!! It's nice to have a group of friends and families that can get together and have similar interests.

As for local land avalible to wheel, the President of the club is interm MA land chair of the NEA4WDC, and has written legislation to overturn the 1000 pound limit on state land. We are currently working with members on Beacon Hill to get the Bill introduced and to the assembly. When that time comes I'll be posting to rally support of the inititive

11. TruckNutzDude

I've got plenty of people who would support something like that. Any chance of lifting the 10,000 lb grvw limit for lifted vehicles? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I'm kind of over the 2" limit we're allowed at the moment. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

baby steps...One issue at a time man... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

BTT for the night crew... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif (I love that smiley)

14. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

we're holding a very important meeting this Wednesday in Easton, MA. If anyone is interested in attending, please e-mail or PM me and I'll get you the address.