Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New custom welding pics on my website.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigerik, Mar 31, 2001.

1. bigerik

bigerik 1/2 ton status

I just posted about a dozen new digital pics on my website on Photo Page 4. High clearance shock mounts, roll cages, spare tire mounts, Supermat/fiberglass floors, trussing and crossmember spacer (finger is pointing to last two). Remember, Photo Page 4!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bigerik.coloradoK5.com>http://www.bigerik.coloradoK5.com</A>

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Good stuff, BigE. I like the cage on the red blazer, who did that? Whats this Supermat/fiberglass floor stuff, saw it in the pic.? The hole site looks nice, good job.
    Ohh ya, liked the windex shine on the bum cover.

Twiztid

3. bigerik

bigerik 1/2 ton status

The rollcages (along with the exhaust, headers, drivelines, trussing, fendertrimming, seat and spare tire mounts and almost all the custom welding) was done by a Circle Track racer named Rob Johnson whose family owns Johnny Franklin's in Santa Rosa. If you don't live close to Sonoma County, that's too bad because this place is ESSENTIAL! The fiberglass/Supermats was a homemade solution to install Summit Racing's Supermat and try to waterproof the interior--the experiment was a bit of a failure! It is not waterproof. The cloth filling RETAINS water, and the whole job took about 80 hours and $250 and 40 lbs of fiberglass mat and resin. Oh well, can't hit a home run every time! I am going to Herculiner it, though--may as well.
    The Windex shine is courtesy of the kids (I have 3 boys and 3 stepdaughters). They are responsible for maintaining the chrome, and they learn the names of the parts. I hope one will become a mechanic!

4. firsttimeblazer

firsttimeblazer Registered Member

Like your site...yeah it took a few minutes. May DSL com to us all quicker...What is forum this is...LOL

5. firsttimeblazer

firsttimeblazer Registered Member

Like your site...yeah it took a few minutes. May DSL come to us all quicker...What a forum this is...LOL