Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New daily driver...........89 S-15

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by BurbinOR, Feb 1, 2002.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yep, got an '89 with the 4.3, fully loaded with 150K in great shape from the original owner for $2500..............has new tires/battery/tuneup, etc. and all receipts since new.........thanks HarryH3 for the pro-S-10 stance. Almost went with a Jeep Cherokee but all I found for that price range were roaches...................[​IMG]

ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>

2. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

Cool, I think you will enjoy it as a DD. The 4.3 has some good power and torque. They are capable vehicles, BTW nice Blazer. I am looking into a 91 GMC Burb as my monster truck.

Git there fastest with the mostest!
    Nathan Bedford Forest

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Gotta love new toys! [​IMG] The Cherokee looks to be a better serious off-roader, with lots of buildup parts available. I haven't found them to be as comfy as a daily driver though. My '91 S-Jimmy has been reliable, comfortable and has proven itself to be fairly capable off-road. Hope yours serves you well!

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I'm almost thinking about trading in my s10 p/u for a s-Blazer. Having a p/u is getting old...and now I have the K5 to haul stuff in (well when I get it back on its wheels). It would also be nice to be rid of that stupid 2.8[​IMG]

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats so when are you going to start building it up like the white knight[​IMG][​IMG]

wheeling pics

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yep, a Cherokee is a better off roader with the solid axle.............but the few I looked at all had problems. Seemed the front end needed rebuilt or something on 3 of them, one had a rearend going out, and another had something wrong with the motor (no power like that 4.0 should have). Then there were the two at the used car dealers that wouldn't start.............I'm not sure if they just weren't taken care of or what but the interior trim stuff was roached out on most of them too.

This way my Auto Xray plugs in, I understand GM stuff a heckuva lot more than having to learn Jeep stuff and its easier to work on for me.

No plans to lift it, wheel it, or beat on it. The 4 wheel drive was nice going over Mt. Hood on Sunday to pick up my NP205 from a CK5 member tho...........snowing like crazy. Love that 4.3 too..............not the newer CPI but its fine. First tank of gas got 19 mpg.

ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

8. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

So have you started on the t-case project yet and have you noticed any problems with it.
    Colin

Save the whales Harpoon a fat chick.

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Cough Doubler Cough[​IMG]
    sorry must of had something in my throat, what were ya asking again?? [​IMG][​IMG]

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!