Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Daily Driver.

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Z3PR, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Well, there it is sitting in the driveway. 2000 Alero GLS. This thing runs and handles like a dream, and get's better gas milage then the 98 Stratus with a 4 popper. I'm very impressed by the power of this 3.4 V-6. This thing will scoot.

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Just out of curiosity, did you get them to come down when they found ou tit had been in an accident?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You know it, they dropped $2,500.00 off the asking price. We ended up trading the 98 Stratus and $5,000.00 . We had it check out completely befor we bought it. The shop couldn't find any structural damage what so ever. It appears that the only damage it ever had was just body damage. You'd never know by looking at it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Nice looking car! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have a friend that just wrecked hers and I have also rented one and was impressed with its handling and quickness. As you say; mileage is good also! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice looking car! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have a fried that just wrecked hers and I have also rented one and was impressed with its handling and quickness. As you say; mileage is good also! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Took 3/4 of a tank for 380 miles. The Stratus took 1.35 tank for thec same milage. So yeah, we're pretty happy with it.

6. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

nice -- good luck with it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You know it, they dropped $2,500.00 off the asking price. We ended up trading the 98 Stratus and $5,000.00 . We had it check out completely befor we bought it. The shop couldn't find any structural damage what so ever. It appears that the only damage it ever had was just body damage. You'd never know by looking at it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear the came down. Sounds like a good deal in the end for you. I guess this could be a lesson to others about using carfax & checking things out first.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear the came down. Sounds like a good deal in the end for you. I guess this could be a lesson to others about using carfax & checking things out first.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeap, Use Carfax and have it inspected. Well worth the money in my honest opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif (Note; we bought this car fully knowing there was a damage disclosure on it. But being that we will keep it for atleast 4 years or longer, so by the time we'll want too trade it off, that damage disclosure won't matter.)

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Took 3/4 of a tank for 380 miles. The Stratus took 1.35 tank for thec same milage.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's it work out to in gallons?

Nice looking car, though, congrats /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Took 3/4 of a tank for 380 miles. The Stratus took 1.35 tank for thec same milage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice looking car, though, congrats /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif.

[/ QUOTE ] Please don't ask me too do math when I'm dead tired. Had 3 hours of sleep befor I started out on this trip, couldn't sleep well at the motel last night, maybe the smoke alarm going off at 3am had something too do with that. Now I'm fighting too stay awake till 11pm so I won't wake up in the middle of the night. All I know right now is that the Alero with the V-6 gets better mpg's then the Stratus with the 4 popper.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Acording to GM, this Alero should get 20 city and 29 hwy. Honestly, I think it does better then that.

13. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Keep an eye on those intake gaskets. There notorious for leaking at the edges of the heads and manifold.

Nice cars though, they definately haul ass.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, I know about that. Just replaced them in a friends 98 Monte Carlo with a 3.1 this last spring. I'm very impressed with the Alero so far. Has the "Feel" of the more expencive cars, and the 3.4 V-6 will put ya back in the leather seats like a V-8. Over all, we really like this Alero GLS.

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned