Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Darwin Candidate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So I get a call from the California Highway Patrol this afternoon for a wreck. They said it was a truck and trailer 200' over the side of the road. So I head out to the scene. Now to give You an ideal of how steep the road is My truck has a 3126 Cat engine with a 6 speed and I went up the hill in third gear at 2200 rpm. Now this guy that I have nominated for the Darwin Award was driving a 77 Ford F-150 with a small block and a C-4 automatic. Now the real kicker, He was pulling a two axel utility trailer (with no trailer brakes) full of sand and gravel and the bed was full of tools. He had a tear tag inside the truck from the gravel yard saying that the gravel alone was 3000 lbs /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif The idiot lost His tranny going up the grade so instead of stopping He tried to back down about 200 yards down the hill to a turn out. He got to the turn out but by then the little half ton brakes were toast and the poor guy went for the ride of His life /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    What a dumbass /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

stupid people are funny untill the hurt someone than they suck

3. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

What kind of truck do you drive with the 3126 cat?

4. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Probably a tow truck I would assume. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

gotta love ford owners

so you operate/own a tow rig/recovery business ?
    i wanna know more

this is what biz i plan on starting up myself as soon as i get on my feet and find a little land outside of town and a good rig, etc.

theres alot i need to learn/know beforehand though, i wish i could find a towing/recovery outfit to take me in as like an apprentice or similar, or something, somewhere, hmmm,,.

good luck