Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New dash pad?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chris Demartini, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I woke up this afternoon and went out to my 89 and noticed that a small hairline crack in my dash turned into a huge crack about 8" long. Wheres the best place to get a new dash pad? I need one in gray

2. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

If you want an oem style replacement try LMC or ChevyDuty.

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

If you want a new one, the best place is GM Parts Direct. You can either get the GM part number from the dealer or send them an email at Customer Service telling them exactly what you want and they will give you the part number.

A new dash from someone like LMC will run you over $300. I got mine for my rig from GM Parts Direct for less than $200 including shipping and everything. It comes it whatever color the factory makes it in these days (mine was light gray and perfect for my rig). You can paint it with some special paint whatever color you need it to be.

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Check eaby, There have been some new replacements for sale for around 100. Been looking for a gray dash for my 87. Cracked around speaker grills.

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Do you have a part #? I forgot all about GM Parts Direct

6. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I don't. And I really don't want to dig through my receipts at home (it gets scary!). Call your GM dealer and get him to look it up for you. Some dealers don't have an issue giving you the part number. If he hassles, tell him you want to think about the purchase and want to have the part number to save time when calling back!

Or email them at their customer service (GM Parts Direct). They will get you the part number within a few days. I have found that to be very successful.

7. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I got mine through COVERLAY. Its made froam ABS plastic so it wont fade or crack. it goes directly over the top of your old one, and is very easy to install.