Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new dash

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jim82, Jun 30, 2000.

1. jim82

jim82 Registered Member

the gauges in my jimmy are almost impossible to see at night. I dont have the $600 to fork over for a new digital dash, but I was wondering how hard it would be to swap out a later model dash into my 82. I don't know what year the dash went digital, but I'm know that the newer body styles have them.

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

There is a post for a late model dash in the parts section. I looked into it and it seemed way too expensive and complicated to swap out. I've seen it done on some show cars, but it looks like lots of work! I don't believe GM ever had digital gages in pickups or Blazers.....just nice analog.....even nicer in '95. You might just replace you current bulbs with new, clean ones from Autozone or such. They're fairly easy to get too if you pull the bezel off. The procedure has been posted on here somewhere. They say you can get bighter bulbs also.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Mine was real dark at night also and I just replaced all of the bulbs and it's a lot brighter now.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

if you look around you will find they also make halogen bulbs for the dash.....and they got colors...blue and red. My dash is so bright I had to turn it down for the first time in my life after adding the halogens...

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1

5. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

have any of you put a costom dash (like a pice of rold aluminum) in a later model blazer a 90 with new gauges and would it be hard to hook up the gauges

[​IMG]Go prepared