Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Door

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RobbieOH, Mar 14, 2002.

1. RobbieOH

RobbieOH Registered Member

Does anyone know a manufacturer/company that sells replacement doors for 73-75 Blazers, cause the only ones I can find don't apply to the fully removable top models. And also, I've heard of a kit that you buy that gives you Jeep style door hinges so its easier to take your doors off but am un able to locate any, so if you can help me with that I would greatly appreciate it.

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

The only thing I have found is the later doors for ~$59-79. I called them, and they said you need to cut off the window frame, take the little triangle weld-in corner out of the rear side fo the window crank and weld it in the new door.

So I keep looking at trying to FIX my door.

Another option might be to get a door skin. I still have issues on the inside lower part of my door after this is fixed. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I hope someone else has better info.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I was told you can use a truck door for those same years and just cut off the window frame as needed. you have to reuse the top rubber cap, and the bottom plate where the back of the door meets the top. I have not done it yet, but the previous owner welded my doors and they don't seal up correctly where the window meets the rubber on the top. I am going to try it with a junkyard door first. It doesn't sound very difficult, but I have no proof either. If it works, I'll post some pics and write up. I'm hoping to do this within a few weeks.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Let me know ,I'll go with ya to the junk yard and help ya with it ...

5. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

first of FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE you woulkd be suprised how much it can help. second no one makes replacment doos for 73-75, you must buy a pickup door and cut the frame off, it's not that bad just take your time and don't cut off to much. as for the the hinges i don't know of any aftermarket supplier that makes those. Most of use here have fabed up our own removable hinges. you can see mine on my members rig page. hope this helps

6. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

7. RobbieOH

Thanks for the help/info I'll try it too, hopefully within a month and let ya know how it turns out. Any thing on the hinges though? Or does anyone know if I could just rob the hinges off of a jeep and put them on my door/doorframe? Or is the door too heavy for the hinges?

ChevyFumes- e-mail me and we'll set somethin up

8. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

As mentioned in previous posts, you must do what Chevy did when they made your doors originally ... use any door from 73-91 and cut the window frame.

9. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

DID YOU READ MY POST? if you had you would have seen that i answered your ?. but i guess you didn't like my responce. and NO you can't put jeep hinges on a blazer.
    if you care to look at how i made mine here's a link http://coloradok5.com/gallery/album44
    if you don't just ignore this like youy did my other post.

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Sounds good to me. the reason I have to wait a couple of weeks, is becuase my hot tub is in my garage for repairs, so I can't fit the blaze in there right now. Actually, there is a guy here at work parting out his wrecked truck. I may pick up the doors and other dash pieces I need from him and try it. Hey it's only a few bolts and cuts right? ha ha ha.....The way my projects go, it's NEVER just a few bolts and cuts.....unless you're talking about my hands.

11. RobbieOH

I didnt ignore it I was simply wondering if anyone else new of something maybe you didnt.

12. RobbieOH

Thanks for the links, but all I found was doors that I have to cut anyways so I'll go with the junkyard(cheaper).

13. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

what do you mean i know everything.hehehe