Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New driveline/bumper/motor pics.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rjfguitar, Feb 10, 2004.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I finally had new drivelines built for my K5. The front is just lengthened, rebuilt, and a sealed slip shaft was used because my old one was full of mud and water. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif The rear is totally brand new with 1350 joints at both ends and 4" tubing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is a shot of my bumpers after I raised them 3" to compensate for the body lift. They look pretty darned strait to me... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And here is a shot of my 406 if anyone is interested. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

2197 posts and he still doesn't know that you can't direct link to webshots /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

That is a reallllllly thick driveshaft... Why no 1410 joints?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

<font color="red"> x </font> <font color="red"> x </font> <font color="red"> x </font>

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

YA!!nice pic!!SOOOOO.....thats what youve been up to....just kidding,cool,notice any difference while driving?? Are you done,or is there more to come?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    2197 posts and he still doesn't know that you can't direct link to webshots /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

That is a reallllllly thick driveshaft... Why no 1410 joints?

[/ QUOTE ] Did I fix it?

1410's were too expensive and over kill... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    YA!!nice pic!!SOOOOO.....thats what youve been up to....just kidding,cool,notice any difference while driving?? Are you done,or is there more to come?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hell no I'm not done... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I still wan't:
    4.88 gears, detroit in the rear, true trac in the front
    Black cherry custom paint job
    all new black and red interior.
    AFR heads
    EDELBROCK MPFI
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Damn....EVERYBODY=what color does his truck look to you???dude,your truck looks different on-line.dosent look at all green.STOP running the boggers for street!!your gonna kill em.yeah,sure does look different from the last time i was there,good deal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. t's85chevyk5

t's85chevyk5 Registered Member

Where did you get that billet grille with the bow tie in the middle? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

I like it green.....you dont see to many around these parts that color /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

The bumpers look WAY better in the correct position....

I did notice a few fingerprints on the rear driveshaft though, you really oughta be more careful to clean those smudges off or people are going to think you were "offroading" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chrome diff covers.....nice bling. Helps the lady behind you to check her makeup as she tailgates you.....

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I like it green.....you dont see to many around these parts that color /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

The truck looks really good! I like the bumpers raised up, very nice touch. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Keep the green. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Lose the blocks /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

How many miles are on those Boggers now? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Looks like your on the right track Bro! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. rjfguitar

Wow, thanks for the nice comments guys, I appreciate it. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    T's85chevvyK5: I bought the grille through summit racing for around $110 shipped and bought a bowtie for an 88-98' pickup because I couldn't find one that fits our year. It took a little thought on how to get it on the grille too because it doesn't "bolt" on.

Greg72: You are always there for a good laugh. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    I'm sorry, I'll get those fingerprints wiped off right away sir... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The bumpers took me about 7 hrs, my torch, grinder, 18 6011 rods, and some misc. srap flat bar to lift them both. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Thanks again for the good words. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. rjfguitar

Subfan/hipinion:
    I have about 6 to 7K on them so far, I don't put a lot of miles on it if I can help it. I wan't to ditch the boggers this spring if I can find a set of 36x16.50x16.5 Dick Cepek FC's used because mud season will be over. I can't afford a new set of FC's though right now because they are like $278 a piece or something. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I might have to run my boggers for a while. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fatboy/nverenuf:
    The reason why you don't see any green blazers is because mine was a forest service vehicle and the RPO codes list "special paints." /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I might leave it green for a while longer, not sure yet...I wan't 4.88's and lockers, I might do that before the paint. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I like it. I'm a blinglover tho..........

Bling and functionality are the keys for me. My K5 was total capability (one ton locked f&amp;r, 406TPI) but had loads of bling............just the way I liked it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. t's85chevyk5

t's85chevyk5 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]

T's85chevvyK5: I bought the grille through summit racing for around $110 shipped and bought a bowtie for an 88-98' pickup because I couldn't find one that fits our year. It took a little thought on how to get it on the grille too because it doesn't "bolt" on

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifthanks for the info boss

18. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Looking good Bobby! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

That rear d-shaft looks familiar: /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    [​IMG]
    Mine is a bit longer though....and fixed yoke. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

19. rjfguitar

Thats pretty cool beast, I wish I would have done the SYE kit when I had the t-case apart 4,000 miles ago. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Your angle looks a little better than mine. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Your angle looks a little better than mine. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes it is nice to have some wheelbase. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Funny thing is.....my shaft is a factory 4" tube design. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif