Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new driveline?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by delta9blazer, Jul 8, 2002.

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

does high-angle driveline give CK5'ers a discount?
    does anyone know of a good place to make a new one? or lengthen an old one?

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I belive they do give a small discount. And you don't have to buy the supduper heavy duty 2ton version. Sence you keep your K5 on the pavement just get a stock replacement verision and you will save a ton of $$. I never bought from them but seams alot of folks have and are very happy!
    Good luck

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Check these guys out! I just had both my drive lines completely built here: http://www.drive-lines.com/
    Killer job and fast service /forums/images/icons/grin.gif , also if you need a special part they got it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I had mine done at Sacto. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The best driveline shop in the bay area is South Bay Driveline in San Jose. The owner's name is Steve, he knows his stuff, he has very good prices, does quick work and is extremely helpful and honest. I've had 4 driveshafts built from him, between my freinds we've probably had over 25 built there with no problems. He even shortened mine for free after I measured wrong and gave him the wrong measurement. He's installed steering joints for free for me before and he lets you back in the work area if you want to watch. Very stand up guy, I'd recommend him to anyone. </font color>

5. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I agree with Shaggy... I went there at his recommendation and had a good experience. He was very quick and gave me a $10 discount cause I dropped a name (thanks again, Shaggy/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif). Got my front driveshaft rebuilt and lengthened in one day.

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Tweetysuarus is right...thats where i had my drive lines done...altho my friend works at the stockton one so i got the connection there /forums/images/icons/grin.gif he is the one that came to blazer fest with the green jeep with chevy 14bolt and d44 full width axles and 37's /forums/images/icons/grin.gif