Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New driveshaft=No Vibes!!! YEEHAA!!(pics)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Esteban86K5, May 7, 2002.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Well I bit the bullet and got the 1Ton CV Driveshaft from High Angle Driveline. First off let me just say that Jesse was great to deal with. Second let me say that it came well packaged and is VERY PURTY!!!/forums/images/icons/blush.gif And finally let me say that THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!! It cured ALL of my vibration problems at all speeds. I never imagined that my truck would ride this smooth again. It's like an entirely different truck. I am so happy with it and I think it is well worth the money.

I put some comparison pics up so that those of you that have never seen one, or are thinking of getting one can take a look. http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuq86

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Looks purty.....

3. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

How much $ ?
    Jim

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I told ya it was bad ass /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Ooooooo Aaaahhhhhh!

6. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Fits a 208? I like that idea, curious to see how the CV head flexs compared to normal driveshaft. I'm guessing it would do fine being that most front driveshafts are CV heads

7. Esteban86K5

Yup, fit my 208. And I was wondering the same thing about the flexing and it worked good. I took it to a spot that i can flex it out a bit and it seemed to work good. Real wheeling will show for sure but it seems fine.

8. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

Maaaaaaan.... I'm drooling all over my monitor.. Could you give me the name/tel/e-mail of Jesse @ High Angle Driveline? How much should I expect to pay for this gift from the gods?

Also, how do you get the correct length for the driveline? I just lifted my 88 4" w/ a 1" add a leaf in the back...

9. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I've got the same one and I love it !!! And yes it works great out on the trails and all flexed up, I took mine out to Attica IN and had no problems. And of course the no vibes is great. It also fits the 241... thats what I have. And here's his website www.highangledriveline.com

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I'm getting a HAD shaft myself... but I cant bring myself to keep the 208. It is a PITA to swap to a 205... but I have already swore to the 4x4 gods that I will never-ever-ever have a t-case that is slip yoke again. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

11. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

You could always talk to K10ANDY... about getting a SYE for your 208.

12. Esteban86K5

K5Drager has the link for ya.

And you measure from the output shaft to your yoke.

No Vibes!!........ YAHOO!!!!.........I"M STILL HAPPY!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

So how much???
    ball park....gotta start prepin the wife!!!
    I'm thinkin get a new rear w/CV and save the old with out CV as a trail spare!!
    ComOn spill the beans...../forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Mine will be diferent anyway with a 205

14. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Steve,
    When I got mine from Jesse for the First Gen with a NP205 it was just under 5 bills I think. That includes the adapter that goes on the output shaft of the 205. They are a nice piece of work and work great.

15. Esteban86K5

Keith is correct. It was $430 to my door. And I will definately be packing my old one as a spare. Wouldn't want to drive home from Hollister in FWD....doh!!

AND I STILL HAVE NO VIBES!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

16. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Thanks guys! Now I wonder how many lbs. of aluminum cans it's gonna take to raise that amount of $$?? Boy, I better start driniking more beer now!! Hey waite if I quit drinking and save the beer $$ for a new shaft...??hmmmm.......NAAAAA I think I'll just save the empty cans!/forums/images/icons/crazy.gifLOL/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I don't have a spare rear shaft and this would be a great way to get one! Heck I already have the 1350 series Ujoints out back so wouldn't have to swap the yokes!!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

17. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Is your t case dropped?Iv been thinking about raising mine back up now that I have this shaft to gain a little clearance.I would gain 1.5".

18. Esteban86K5

Frizz, what started this whole "New Driveshaft" thing was my crossmember. A recent muddin trip tweaked my crossmember back and basiclly dimpled my frame. I had the stock 1 inch spacers between the frame and the crossmember and i think it was just too much leverage. So I decided to raise my crossmember back up but I didn't want to deal with even more vibrations and a short shaft. So now my crossmember is spaced down about 3/8 of an inch down cause I reinforced the frame with two 3/8 thick 2in wide plates that basically sandwich the frame then the crossmember sits on that. Does this all make sense? If not I could take a pic for you.

19. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Just to let ya know, mine is at stock height and still no vibes. Hope this helps.