Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New dual coil Glo Plugs installed from Accurate Diesel

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Robert79K5, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

Mar 23, 2003
    So the old set of 9 Gs that was in my diesel were just not cutting it any more. I Wasn't even sure that they were all even working and since I had them wired up manually I had to constantly maintain a fine ballance of leaving them on long enough to sufficiently heat the precombustion chambers, but not so long that they would mushroom and burn out.

The choice was obvious... I needed some quality dual coil glo plugs.

I have heard good things about Accurate Diesel so I went to their site and priced out a set. $72.00 and three days later they arrived in the mail. The glo plugs you get from Accurate are made by a company called WAP incorporated which stands for Wellman Automotive Products. According to their website they have an exclusive contract with the military to provide all of the replacement glo plugs for Humvees. I figured if Uncle Sam is sticking them in his stuff them they can't be of inferior quality and nothing could be worse than what I had in there.

After installation I let the Blazer sit over night so I could see how they would perform having to start cold iron. Well this mornings ambient temperature was a nice balmy 50 degrees, but this time of year thats the best I could do.

Just being able to cycle the plugs on for a full ten seconds without fear was wonderful, but when my Blazer started up after only turning over about four revolutions I was absolutely extatic. Being able to cycle the plugs longer (as long as I want) is great. Less wear on the starter and no matter how cold it gets I can heat my precombustion chambers as much as I need.
    My only regret is not doing it sooner.

As far as the quality of the WAP glo plugs...... Is anyone else running them?
    I will of course report any failures here but if they really do have an exclusive contract with the Military Im not too worried. :cool1:

Picture 077.jpg

Picture 078.jpg
  2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Jul 23, 2000
    Cool deal. I didn't know Accurate sold those. My 60G's are done, I'm pretty sure only two or three work right now...

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Apr 21, 2001
    he he, lowest bidder man....

nah, in all honesty im glad to hear they work good. and im sure you will be happy with them.
  4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Jun 9, 2002
    I was running a set of those I picked up on ebay. Worked great, but they burned out on me kinda quick right around 6 months. I was running a manual GP setup the whole time as well.

They didn't swell when they burned out though.