Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Edelbrock Xtreme travel shocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by VisionxOrb, Oct 22, 2003.

1. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

What do you guys think of these, the new 14" travel medium valved are 170 each at summit, i already have the 12" rancho 9000s at the moment but I never adjust the setting plus i like the monotub design with extra fluid ( i like to prerun ) so when the time comes to replace (either worn out or gone to different setup ) thought these might work good.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm planning on Bilsteins on my K5. 5100 12" travels up front with 255/70 valving and 5150 12" travels in the back with 170/60 valving, the 5150s will have fixed mount resovoir. Don't like that Edelbrock says Medium and Soft valving. What are the valving specs? They don't list them. They say the mediums are good for CJ, XJs, and other jeeps or multiple shock setups on heavier trucks(guessing something like Super Duties). To me it sounds like the K5 should have a slightly heavier valving than that. But without specs I can't say. Bilstein 5150s are $99 at www.offroadwarehouse.com and they don't list the 5100s in universal fittings but they are $61 there. I'm sure when I call they will be able to get me what I need.

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I like them alot, but I think I'd need to give up a kidney for them due to thier price.