Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New employee pranks ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by riz, Jun 21, 2002.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Any of you pull little pranks on new employees kind of like initiation type of stuff ?

We send FNG's around asking for the 2 mainanence guys ..... Neil and Bob !

Also, we have them go to the basement for the board stretchers ........ no such thing and no basement.

Send them across the street to an unoccupied building to get the key to the basement.

There's tons more ...your turn ! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif </font color>

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

We got this one dumb-ars to stand in a milk-crate while changing a battery (I think it was a battery, I just remember him standing in a milk-crate). They told him he needed to be insulated from the ground to keep from getting shocked.

Take a red-road side flare, drill a small hole in the end and insert a fuse from a smoke bomb. Dyn-o-mite! *clap-spin*
    We strike up a conversation with the new guy, light the fuse and toss it in thier tool-box..
    Then run off with our fingers in our ears.

Extensive use of washer pumps, capaciters, horns - the list is endless.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I used to cut glass and sometimes there will be what is reffered to as a "seed" in the glass which is just a contaminant rendering that piece useless, we'd always send the FNG's running to the office for the "seed puller", or if a piece of glass was cut wrong we'd send them for the "glass stretcher" man that would piss off the guy's in the office, kind of a double.... those were good days... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Since i work for an auto parts store, They have the new guys look up parts for cars.. i.e. any part on an 83 corvette, water pump on vw's, radiator on corvairs, etc...

Also get them to get the pallet stretchers and what not also...

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Man, we used to do that stuff in Boy scouts... When we had big jamboree's with dozens of different troops, we'd have new guys run around to other troops, asking if we could politely borrow a left-handed smoke shifter, our guy forgot his. A "Bacon stretcher" was another big one.

Not really a new guy prank, but when I was a bagel man, we used to put molasses or this black dye on the delivery guys' truck door handles.

Looks like "stretchers" are a pretty common one. I wish I had new people come in to my place, some of these are pretty funny ideas!

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

A co-worker and I did that once...got some clay from the art room at the high school where I work and cut it into a small square shaped block.
    Next we found an old wrist watch that was still working. We had found it in the "lost and found" box and kept it. We took the wrist band off of it so we had just the watch part.
    Next we fastened the watch to the clay and got some small insulated wires and cut them about 3" long apiece. We cut three wires and stuck them from the back of the watch to the side of the clay.

In other words, we made a "bomb." /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

We put the fake "bomb" in a new worker's mail box, whom was just hired, and waited til he showed up the following day.

Needless to say, he was scared out of his wits, and we all used a good laugh. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Just watching him freeze and have a death look on his face was enough to make us cream our shorts from laughing so hard. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, not really new employee's... I get my boss and the president of my company. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

We have done many things...
    -Punch a small hole in their coke can under where they drink so everytime they take a sip it leaks out all over their shirt.
    -Zip tie their sweatshirt or jacket arm closed, and watch them struggle to get into it.
    -Soak the presidents chair... And then watch him sit in it and squirm and get PISSED. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    -We put a 5' tall inflatable dick on my bosses chair when he went to lunch one day.
    ... We have water fights next to our machines. LMAO! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Should have put an inflatable doll in the bosses closet and wait til he opens it!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Hey Eric have you ever done the exploding anti-freeze bottle? Drill a hole in the cap big enuff to forceably screw in an air fitting, remove the paper seal too, Disconnect the air hose from the wall and plug it in to the bottle. Then place it under a car near the victim, and plug 'er in. PSSSST KABOOOOM! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Happens so fast they freak out normally! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif A 2 liter coke bottle works even better but takes too long to let go. That bad boy will swell up to 8-10 in. in diameter. When it goes off the whole dealership will know it. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif BTW the white anti-freeze bottles work best. (yeah Ive done this way too many times)

10. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

This one was posted by Thumper along-time ago
    It's one of my all-time favs!

[/ QUOTE ] I work on F-18 jet fighters. For a certain pilot we didnt like we arranged ahead of time a great little joke. All it took was a pair of oil soaked dirty white coveralls (our old work uniform) stuffed into the nose wheel well. During the start sequence of the jet, we walk around the plane (in our clean white coveralls) and do a 'last chance check' on the aircraft. The final part of the check is to duck under the nose wheel well and check in there. Well, I changed my coveralls from the shiny white clean ones, to the oil soaked dripping wet dirty ones while I was under there. Then I popped out and gave him a big thumbs up and pulled out the chock. You wanna see a guys face drop!!! He freaked! Then he shut off the engines and proceeded to get his butt out of the jet as fast as he could. I wore it for that one but my supervisor was almost laughing the whole time he was lecturing me... It was worth it tho...

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's not going to post, I will. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We usually save all the good pranks for 'helpers' that haven't got a chance of knowing better. some of these kids are fresh out of high school and kinda intimidated working in a steel shop. It leaves them pretty gullible...

We had a 17 ton overhead crane at one place i worked at. The sheive block and chains were up near the crane bridge and I was lowering the whole works so we could flip a trailer onto it's side. The kid was commenting on how slow the crane was...my foreman who was standing right there said 'it's like a winch, sometimes you need to pull down to make it go a bit faster...you'd be a big help here if you'd help speed the cranes up when you get the chance...' and he walked away. For the next three days the helper kid would literally pull down on the chains of any crane that was being lowered thinking he was helping...we all managed to keep a straight face and the owner of the shop finally noticed and set him straight.

A month later we had the same kid outside 'filling O2 bottles' We told him the only way to fill the empty ones was to open the valve outside (more oxygen outside... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) and wait for the regulator to hit 2400 PSI then quickly close the valve. It took a while but you have to watch carefully...
    Poor kid was out there over 3 hours before he figured we were messing with him.

Rene

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

aprentices are fun. you can send them after a box of toe nails, 25 feet of shoreline or a pneumatic board stretcher. oh and when i worked for komatsu equip. company we would send guys after metric cresent wrenches, metric flathead screwdrivers and high speed reciprocating differential plugs.