Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Engine

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ALC316, Sep 27, 2000.

1. ALC316

ALC316 Registered Member

Hey i just wanted to know about how much a new or used 350 engine would cost because my engine is acting up and i just want to see how much a new one would cost thanks Adam

"My Blazer is better then yours"

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Depending on what you wanted and how much you have to spend..

A used 350 could cost anywhere from $25 - $5000.....

To get a 350 in running order that you can jsut swap in, i would say about $150 - $500 would be a good range. you could get a cheap factory GM reman for about $1000 or you could go to Auto ZOne and get a reman for about $800...

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

It all depends on what you get, you could pay anywhere from $100 - the sky's the limit. I wouldn't buy one from a junkyard, They usually suck and you'll be doing it again later down the line. If you can afford it, spend a little extra now, you won't regret it. I just bought an engine from Beck Racing Engines out of Phoenix, AZ and am very pleased with the package they put together. It wasn't cheap at around $3000 but I won't have to worry about it again. I was going to have the old one rebuilt but would have probably spent just as much or more to get what I wanted. So, it comes down to how much you want to spend and what you want your engine to have. I'm sorry if it is a vague answer, but that's what it all boils down to. Good luck.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

4. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Hey Riz,

I went to their website and they have some sweet engines. You said you paid $3k. Was that a long block or an complete engine? Did you get starter/water pump/ fuel pump/ carb etc. or was it just the engine heads, block, intake? just curious I am planning on getting a new engine soon.

Dazed and Confused in a 74 Blazer

ZEPPELIN

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Check these guys out, my buddy has one of their engines in a drag boat. www.allchevyengines.com . We havent been let down with their engines, yet. I cant say to much about his luck with keeping the trim right. ready to enter racing next season though.

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Zepplin,

It was a complete engine from oil pan to carb and included a fuel pump, distributor, spark plugs, plug wires, etc. All I had to do was basically drop it in and hook everything up. They have never had an engine returned and will send you a thorough information package with articles from magazines and so on. They are great to deal with and you actually talk to Frank Beck on the phone which is refreshing this day and age to be able to speak with the owner of the company. They even called me after receiving it to see if I had any questions and to see how the installation was going. Their tech line was very helpful too. Anyway, I think you get the idea, I'm pleased with the whole situation. Good luck.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

7. You can buy a brand new gm goodrench 350 with 250 hp for under $1300 bucks,no rebuilt nothing.# year 36000 mile war.
    I try JimPace GM Parts Wharehouse,don't know the web address though.
    Good Luck

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

8. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

If you not looking for big performance just a really good engine for your money get the GM crate. $1300 and you won't go wrong. I dropped one in my wifes 79 last year and I am very happy with it. Uses maybe a pint of oil between oil changes (anotherwords I don't have to add any) and it's a smooth as glass. Has much better performance than I was expecting for a stock engine. The only thing I would say to check before you put it in is mine had the valve covers over tightend and they formed a leak. No big deal to fix just new gaskets and some RTV. Look at the covers and if they have a noticeable dip at the bolt they were over tightend and will form a leak in a few thousand miles.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

10. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Riz- which engine did you get? I looked at there web page and I cant find an engine for $3,000.Thanks.

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker lift,33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R, 15x10 Bajas

11. turbo

turbo 1/2 ton status

I would suggest either the stock new 36 month 50K mile waranty 350 GM crate
    or pay $2600 to 3000 for a preformance crate 383 from GM with a 12 month waranty.

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

84k5,

I got the street plus package and it was 3200 clams total.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>