Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New England Dragway opens Wed. April 2nd!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by angrysnowplow, Mar 26, 2003.

1. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if anyone else was planning on going up there /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    Now I just gotta get my truck going /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif (although I doubt I'll race)

2. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Re: New England Dragway opens in 1 week

Since I'm kinda new at this whole thing, I've never been. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Where is it and more details please. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

racing is the best part of going, do it once and you'll be hooked. i'll be going up there when it opens. it's great to go on wednesday nights(test/tune). me, my brother and cousin take our pickups there for some 1/4 mile fun. i'm going to try running the jimmy down the track to see what it can do? don't know if they will let me but i'll find out. otherwise i'll be taking my new toy a 2001 8.1 2500 hd chevy and see what it can do. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. angrysnowplow

It is in Epping, NH. Exit 8 off of rte 101 east, left off the ramp, you're there. Wednesday and Friday are 'Street Night.' Basically, any street legal vehicle can race for $17. I've seen muscle cars, rice cars, beaters, pickups, a couple fire-breathing semis, a Cummins that makes HUGE black clouds /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, and everything in between (including motorcycles) Racing runs from 6-10 p.m., and you can go 3 or 4 times if you keep getting in line. You can watch for $10, just gotta put up with an annoying Rock 101 announcer. (Wed. only)It is a blast though, if you're into it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    So if anyone sees a black K5 with a plow frame and CK5 sticker racing a Sentra with a fart muffler, that's me /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    You can check out the site New England Dragway

5. angrysnowplow

What'cha bringin? I'll probably see you there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

it's a haul for you guys..........its almost 2 hours from me

7. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I go every year for the truck drags late summer. This summer I might be able to bring my big rig but I don't know if I'll get it done in time. I did run my Jimmy last summer on a street night, I still had my plow frame on it, weighed in at 5005 lbs with me in it, and I ran a best of 17.6 at like 71mph. It's a blast even though our trucks are slow in failry stock form.
    Ben 87 Jimmy + 89 Blazer
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. angrysnowplow

[ QUOTE ]
    I still had my plow frame on it, weighed in at 5005 lbs with me in it, and I ran a best of 17.6 at like 71mph.

[/ QUOTE ]
    In that case I better get my arse up there before I get my 35's on. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    BTW is there someplace to get vehicles weighed at the track?