Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Exaust

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Tybee, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Anybody have there pipes coming out in front of the rear wheels? Any issues with smoke coming in the windows or other things?

2. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Check out my pics to see my under-door side pipes on my C-20. I don't have any smoke coming in, 'though it might on a Blazer. I do have a problem with soot covering the rear wheels and tires. I hate that my shiny aluminum wheels and RWL tires get black after about 75 miles or so.

I'll be taking the pipes off after I put the turbo on, though. I'll be going to a 3" to 4" single pipe system.

Casey

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

That looks pritty cool. I just have a hole in one of my mufflers and wanted to see if I could do my own exaust, Cheap.

4. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

It may not pass visual inspection for emissions in some states. I see you're in Colorado, so I know you have to get the truck tested once a year.

The reason is something related to exhaust has to exit the vehicle behind the passenger cab. Since our K5s are pretty much nothing but passenger area (no seperation from the "bed" of the truck and the cab), I think you have to have the exhaust in the stock location to pass.

I could be completely wrong, but I know someone around here brought this up in the distant past.

Definately find out before you get turned away from the testing center. Let us know what you find out too!

5. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I didnt think of that.