Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New extended U-Bolts?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aksidentproan, Mar 5, 2002.

1. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I have a 3 inch rear lift block and i need new U-Bolts because my old ones had to be cut off. Any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks.

Evan

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

If there is a spring shop where you live you can get them there. they generally make there own. Autozone, advanced, and oreillys sells them. Or I have seen people bend some all thread and make ther own. I would personally question that method. If your lookin for the squred off kind good luck. I couldnt find any. I have a 69 and took the bracket thingy that was under the axel and sat it on top of the spring pack. Then the curved ones went up and worked like a charm. tighten down all four equally at fgirst or the plate will slide to one side. Mine holds and I have never had any prob;em with slipping or anything. I was worried about that at first. hope it helps
    nathan

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Go to a spring shop. They'll make them. If not, order them from 4WPW.

Use 9/16" or 5/8" size rod diameter to make them.

10 bolt rears and 12 bolts are 3" tubes, so you'll need 3" diameter if you have that axle. On the frontend, (10s and D44s) 3 of them are the same, but one is bigger. I think you need a 3 1/4" diameter one, but you might need 3 3/8". The rest are the same as the 10 and 12 bolt rearends.

3/4 and 1 ton rears use 3 3/8" diameter so that's what you'll need.

I used 12" long ones in the back I believe. I use a 4" block. You can probably get by with 10" long ones no problem.