Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New fish

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Resued a beautiful Betta today at Wal-Mart. He's getting along well with the glowfish :)

Now in the 10 gallon we have 4 glowfish, one tiny pleco, one ghost shrimp, and the blue betta. It's looking really colorful now. I'm not too big on the bright pink rocks, but it kind of goes with the colors of the fish.

Betta.jpg

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

HOLY ****!!! I used to have the EXACT same set of Finding Nemo figurines in my tank back in the day! :haha: I miss that tank... Left it with the ex-girlfriend's parents when we broke up. They hated that tank from the day I got it, and installed it in their house... :haha:

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You do realize the Betta will kill the other fish don't you. Why do you think they are in their own bowl in the pet stores and wherever else you see them being sold. Just thought i'd warn you in case you didn't know this.

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

You do realize Betta only kill fish they feel threatened by. They feel threatened by fish their size or bigger, and fish with large fins similar to theirs. If I had guppies in that tank, I wouldn't consider a Betta. The Betta will be fine.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Glad you know about them. I used to have Betta's in the past and tried putting them with all different kinds of other fish just to have the Betta kill everything that was with it. Maybe the breed has evolved differently over the years. This was going back about 25 years ago or so. :dunno:

6. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My old betta just used to try and kill itself all day long :P

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I have to keep my betta in a large breeding container, that floats near the top of my 45 gallon tank.. the poor thing can't swim to it's food if I turn it loose in the main tank ( because of the currents) and the other gouramis like to pick its fins.. the breeding container works out, because the filtered water just passes through it..

8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Well, looks like the Betta has established his territory on one side of the tank. I was afraid he was going to kill himself last night, he kept swimming against the current coming from the filter, and wouldn't move to any other parts of the tank. He hasn't shown any aggression toward the other fish yet. The ghost shrimp has even bumped into him a few times and he didn't even flare.