Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New-for-April Blazer Chalet stuff (further shameless self-promotion)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dremu, Mar 31, 2000.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

What happens when a Blazer and a Volkswagen Westfalia make out? Why, a Blazer Chalet, of course.

(Ya know, AZBlazer, we oughta get bumper stickers -- "my Daddy was a Chevy and my Momma was a Westie", and see if *anybody* gets it ;-)

Check out the Blazer Chalet page.

Also check out our new-for-April page (in the links on the left of the main page.)

Email and flames equally happpily accepted ;-)

'74 K5 Blazer "Tank Grrl"
    '77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

wow. great job with the april fools stuff. i nearly laughed my a$$ of in the computer lab at school, noone understood. Great job on the brochure in that section too!!

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

That is about the coolest thing I've seen lately. VERY NICE WORK!!! A lot of that looks very real! My wife would appreciate it though, if you didn't get the ball rolling like that in my head. Now I just gotta get me a Burb and a sawzall.....

Kyle
    89K5

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

with respect to the Sawzall comment ... why do you think I have a Chalet shell in my backyard? Yeah, I could put it onto a Blazer and have a Blazer Chalet ... but with a little work (OK, a lot really) I could have a *Suburban* Chalet! ;-)

OTOH, I still gotta come up with the $$ for the Burb, get some welding equipment, and finish the renovation of the Chalet (it was in pretty bad shape, so I'm tearing it down to the fiberglass, gonna rebuild it top to bottom.)

This picture shows the shell in question in its current state. Scary.

(And thanks, btw, all for your kind words -- PaintShopPro is your friend and mine!)

-- A

'74 K5 Blazer "Tank Grrl"
    '77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...