Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEW FOUR WHEELER ISSUE!!!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by FLASHLIGHT76, Jul 20, 2002.

1. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

OK GUYS JUST GOT THIS MONTHS ISSUE OF FOUR WHEELER AND MAN OH MAN WOULD YOU LOOK ON PAGE 74, A '90 OR SO SUBURBAN THAT'S LARGER THEN LIFE. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif AND CAN YOU SAY MAX OUT THE RTI RAMP! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif NOW GRANTED IT CAN DO IT WITHOUT THE RAMP /forums/images/icons/cool.gif AND WOULDN'T YOU BELIEVE IT THEY ARE BUILDING A SUB ON PAGE 92. SO SOMEONE FINALLY REALIZES THAT SUBS ARE WHERE ITS AT. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif WE ALL ARE JUST AHEAD OF THE GAME. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif FOR THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED IN FLEX THEN THIS ARTICLE MIGHT BE OF SOME USE TO YOU. TOO BAD THERE JUST COPYING MY SUB. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I like what they're doing with the old 3 door, but the MONSTER TRUCK MADNESS!!! bug never bit me, especially with the lowrider hydrolics /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. FLASHLIGHT76

I'M NOT A MONSTER TRUCK FAN MYSELF BUT I JUST THOUGHT THE OLD SUB LOOKED PRETTY COOL SITTIN ATOP THOSE BIG TIRES. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I'M GOING TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE THREE DOOR AND SEE WHAT STUFF (I HAVN'T THOUGHT OF YET /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif) THAT THEY COME UP WITH. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif Me too. I was surprised to see they used to put limiting brackets on shackles and stuff. It's gonna be a cool truck. I'm excited to see the engine/trans/tc combo they choose. Sorry about monster truck comment, there is alot that's cool about a monster tired four wheel truck with dragstrip horsepower. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

5. FLASHLIGHT76

THAT IS THE SAD PART. THAT BIG SUB COULD PROBABLY OUT PULL US, DRAG US, AND JUST PLAIN DRIVE OVER US. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I'LL BET IT EVEN FLOATS.

I'M KIND OF CURIOUS ABOUT THE ENGINE THEY'LL PICK FOR THE THREE DOOR TOO. MY BET IS THEY GO 454. PROBABLY GO 400 TRANS MAYBE NEW GEN 700R4 AFTER '96, THEY REALLY LIKE THOSE NP205'S AND 203'S SO THATS WHERE MY MONEY IS. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

my guess for engine/trans combo would actually be 502HO, NV4500 transmission, and a doubler setup, since the driveline can easily accomodate it. even if they decide to keep it a little more realistic, I'm betting on a 454 engine, SM465 transmission ( or keep the SM420 in there) doubler setup, and other crap like that.

in other news, did anyone see the final product form `Project Excursion Killer'? I wouldn't mind driving that thing around...

-Rich

7. FLASHLIGHT76

YEAH I COULN'T WAIT FOR THE FINAL ARTICLE ON THAT ONE. I JUST WANT THE ENGINE. I LIKED THE FACT THAT THEY MADE IT 4X4 EVEN THOUGH ITS A DESERT BOMBER. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif