Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Four Wheeler Mag came today!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigk, Jan 19, 2002.

1. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Anybody else get it yet, or am I behind as usual? There's an article on a run at Paragon Park in Pennsylvania and it shows a Blazer with 10 inches of lift and 44 inch Boggers. It was featured in the same mag a year or two ago, but then it was running 44 inch Gumbo Mudders. Does anyone know the owner? There's also the best looking Avalanche I've ever seen in there. It looks better than any other I've seen cause they painted over the stupid body moldings.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I got mine today too Karl.....

Stupid magazine told me all about how GREAT the new Q-Jet carb is.....and how wonderfully it performs offroad compared to the last version...... that article ended up costing me $568.79 at Summit today! [​IMG]

I got the #1910 Q-Jet and the #1992 Calibration Kit...... the same setup that worked so well for them in the article. Anything's gotta be better than the carb I've got now...!!!

-Greg72

'72 K5 Blazer - 427BB/TH350/NP205/6" Lift/35x12.50's
    <font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

doesnt take much to get you to splurge[​IMG]

i got my mag a couple of days ago, and the paragon article has me stoked as well

beligerence doesn't justify intelligence.
    <font color=blue>wheelers hate posers.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>79k15/400/700r4/205/38.5</font color=red>

4. Greg72

Tork,

If you'd ever ridden in my truck you'd understand. The trips to Hollister were always embarrassing.....I'd be climbing a grade with the rest of the guys (in the back of the pack of course!) and the carb would stall and flood.... spend another 30 seconds cranking to get it started....rev the engine...drop it in gear.....stall.....

It got to the point where I just "parked it" on the side of the trail and had GOKARTERGO drive me around in his truck for a while, so I could at least experience what "offroading" is supposed to be like....FUN!

PLUS.....with the massive 750CFM 4-Barrel that's on there now, I'm ALWAYS pouring gas into the engine.....7MPG is pretty standard. I'm looking forward to that nice small set of "primaries" for cruising....plus hopefully a stronger vaccuum signal at low RPM....better idle, better throttle response.

We'll see..... [​IMG]

-Greg72

<font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

5. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Yeah I know the owner, his name is Rob, my club wheels with his a lot in the Adirondack mountains. I got to ride a strap a couple times behind that thing when I blew up my front axle half way through a 10 mile trail, that was a hell of an experience! I had to swerve like hell to miss the huge rocks he just drove right over, those things would have torn my axles right out from under me! I haven't seen the mag yet but I'm positive it was the Pocono Trail Fest in September. We talked the Sports in the Rough guys into letting us run the 5+ trails and the Four Wheeler photographer followed us around all day. He's one of the guys I'm trying to get to go with us for the ride in August and he wants to check out Tellico with us in May. Check out www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts www.mudnuts.org

6. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i didnt mean to hit a soft spot, ive just been spoiled with the performance from my stock quad i guess[​IMG]

beligerence doesn't justify intelligence.
    <font color=blue>wheelers hate posers.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>79k15/400/700r4/205/38.5</font color=red>

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I got mine yesterday. The Avalanche on pg 45 is sweeeeet! I could do with out all the graphics but 10 in. lift and 39s! WOW! Actually the more time I spend around the Avalanche the more I kinda like em. I still dont like the plastic, but its really not all that bad. I havent had to work on one yet, but if anyone cares Ill let you know what I find under all the plastic.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>

8. Greg72

Exactly......I'm looking forward to being "spoiled" too...!!! [​IMG]

This is not to far off from the "Never Assume...." thread on this board. The previous owner thought that he put on the "hot setup"....but didn't spend the time to get it all dialed-in.

I had the choice to either continue trying to fool around with what he put in there....or just get the Q-Jet that I knew I wanted. I took the easy (albeit expensive) way out.

I hope to have a "Happy Ending" story to post for everyone in the next week or so! [​IMG]

-Greg72

9. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

How about that Aztec with a massive 12" suspension lift, only to run 32" swampers....a K5 runs 32's without even lifting!!!

All those small suv's are like that though...the s10 blazers need like 6" lift for 31's or somethin like that...

Mike Dee

10. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Yeah I forgot the Aztec. I didnt read the caption, but it did look "better". How bout the air bagged HD over 44s w/ a Caddy front clip?

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>

11. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

that HD was real sharp with its str8 axle conversion. the avalanche didnt look near as bad as it does in stock form but i still wouldnt spend that kind of dough on a curb hopper!
    Justin

Austin, Texas K5'er