Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Fuel System

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AntAZBlaz, Jan 17, 2005.

1. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

Hey everyone it’s been a while but I have a question,

I have a 383 with an Edelbrock 1906 carb and I want to replace my fuel pump and fuel lines from the pump up to the carb and place an in line filter instead of the one that is mounted in the carb.

I have run into a lot of issues with not being able to see what’s going with my filter which I believe is the reason my truck keeps on having a surging problem.

I was looking for an upgrade as well if necessary because the fuel pump currently I’m using the one from my 350 and I’m not sure if it is putting out what the 383 would like.

I was looking to buy a systems that uses the nice braided steel lines out of the summit catalog but I’m not really sure of what parts/kit is best for what I’m looking for any one have any suggestions?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Surging could also be a vacuum leak near the carb or associated hoses etc . Now as for a pump for a carb , if I had the money I would run something like this Clicky

As for hoses and line , I would do a metal hose following the factory bends closely up behind the alternator , with just a short section of hose connecting the fliter to the carb and fuel line.

I could of very easily said get an electric pump , but by staying mechanical you can always use your old 13.99 A-zone oump as a trail spare so you get home :k5: :k5:

3. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

thanks do you know of any hose kits that are ready for the application? ie connections hose fuel filter? and i'll check the vacumm too

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I'd have to look , but I am sure Jegs has something , or you can use the stock one :k5: :k5: