Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Gabriel Shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BRN78BLAZER, May 11, 2003.

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Feb 5, 2003
    I picked up a set of adjustable gabriel shock at a swap meet on sat. for $20, that had never been installed. By luck they turned out to be a direct bolt in on my 78 2wd, same length extended and compressed. They have three settings, regular, firm and extra firm. I put them in on regular and they seem to give a better ride already, I only took it around the block to nite after installing them.

I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about these shocks. They look old, white with blue red and silver decal that says Gabriel Adjustable E. Does anybody know what that means? They also adjust by compressing them full, and rotating them, and listening for a click at each setting.

They are the same length, but are quite a bit wider diameter than my stock shocks. Probly close to 4x4 diameter.