Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New gage old sender?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by screamer*145, Dec 14, 2005.

1. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

I pulled a 0-260 temp guage and a 0-80psi oil guage out of a 80s deisel burb and I am wondering if I have to get diffrent senders to use them in my 78 blazer or can i use the ones I all ready have. Also if there is any thing else that I might have to do please let me know

thanks-

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I think yes on the oil, no on the temp. But I'd have to look at the parts books. That's what I remember off the top of my head. Check the online parts (rockautoc.com,carparts.com,napaonline.com) and see if the number match for the senders from the 2 different trucks.

3. screamer*145

ok I will check out those sites right now thanks for the help any body have any other ideas. also on another subject when your lights dim and get brighter as you give it gas is it a sign that the alt. is bad I dont know for sure because the battery is still getting charged. :confused: :dunno:

4. 73k5blazer

Usally a sign of a weak alternator. Or a bad regulator inside the alternator. Either way alternator. Depinding on how much it dims.
    These vehicles have a horrible lighting circuit anyway. Power for your lights runs through the switch. If the switch is old and the contacts well worn, that can cause headlight problems as well. The relay kit/setup for headlights make a huge difference, and it's pretty cheap.

5. screamer*145

Any ideas on where I could get one of these relay kits.

6. 73k5blazer

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog.asp

The Halogen Headlight Relay Kit (you don't have to have halogens to use, they are much brighter though!)

If your unsure of which one you need, call painless, they are more than happy to help you out.
    Get from many sources, type the number into froogle. I know Summitracing has them.
    There some other companies making a little cheaper ones. Painless is always a little pricy, but thier stuff is excellent, their instructions are top notch and you won't have any troubles.
    If your handy, you can just do it yourself for alot less.
    http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/WiringHeadlightRelays.htm