Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New gas gauge fix link

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fatbob, May 2, 2006.

1. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

The other gas gage fix thread did not have any info in it, and I hate those dead threads, so here is a link to a good fix it page.

http://www.chevytrucks.org/tech/gasgauge.htm

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Now I'm curious if this was the article mentioned in the other thread or if it was specific for our trucks.

Not like there is no variety in the wiring of our vintage trucks, but it would be nice to reference some wire colors etc. for people to know what they might be looking at/for.

Just a suggestion if anyone has more specific info. Good writeup though. Doesn't get into "fixing" the sender, which is also possible in some cases.

If you want to delete your other post, as long as no one has replied, you should be able to go in under "edit" and check/click delete yourself. Here I thought I was being helpful, but I see under edit that I can delete THIS post, but when I create one, there is no option to do so. Hmm.

3. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

thats just a general info page, no real info either

definitely need wire colors and such for single, and dual systems, for at least the 73-up, early style and later style

hmm

this is one of the most PITA things about these trucks in factory form

hmm