Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Gas Tank In - Leaking Pressure Line

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Polaris, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I got to drive her home tonight. It's been a tough week and a half. The lift is awesome, but I am awaiting my front driveshaft spacer and rear brake lines before I can wheel it. Here's the big problem /forums/images/icons/confused.gif . New gas tank, sending unit, fuel pump in. It has TBI and the pressure line is leaking a lot. There is the fitting that goes on top of the tank, some stainless braided line, and then it has a small clamp that goes to the other line (rubber? can't remember now) up to the engine. It is leaking where it is clamped. Clamp is tight. Anyone have a solution for that? I can take a pic in the morning if need be. I'd sure appreciate any help. 9 days and counting til the wheeling trip!
    Update:
    Here's a pic. Clamp is tight. Time to get on the phone and try to find a competent parts person /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    [​IMG]

2. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Maybe to big of a hose, or crack in hose next to clamp.

3. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

last week i had a line leaking fuel line and so i had to get a new one for like 45 bucks at GM motors my steel braided line was leaking and was rubbing on a bar and thats how mine started leaking haha

Burlyblazer89

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Thanks, that seems to be the ticket! It's on order. Well at least now my broken truck is in my driveway instead of across town.