Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Gears

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by J.C.Staley, Aug 27, 2002.

1. J.C.Staley

J.C.Staley Registered Member

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif Well, after a lot of thought, questions and input the Blazer is in the shop at Boyce Equipment getting 410s front and rear and a Detroit Locker in the rear. I should be picking it up tomorrow. There has been a lot of debate as to the gears that were in it. As soon as I find out I'll let you know. Can't wait. I'm really looking forward to back country adventures this fall.

2. J.C.Staley

J.C.Staley Registered Member

Update. The '84 K5 had 308 for gears. No wonder it felt so underpowered even with the new 350 motor. I can sure feel the difference with the 410s. One surprise was how far off the speedometer is now. With 31 inch tires the speedometer reads 55 and I'm probably only going 40. The 33 inch tires should help. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif Any one have any suggestions on what else to do to get the speedometer back in line?

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i have 4.10 in my 3/4ton axles and am only runnin 29" tires. my tope speed is about 40 mph without goin too hard on the rpms. im gettin 35" to correct my gear problem /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

NITRO

4. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

after you make all your driveline changes you will have to change the gear combination in the transfer case that drives the speedocable to correct the speedometer reading.