Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Gears?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Suffergauge, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

After reading the post about 35's and 3.08's I got to wondering. Right now I have 33's and really want to throw some 35's on. I have yet to pull the cover off my rear diff. but I know they are tall (no id tags & I can't read the rpo).
    How much is involved in swapping in some new gears? I assume that both front and rear need to be done so the 4 wheel drive works. What are suitable gears without being too tall? I would still like to be able to pass at least two gas stations /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

yes front and rears need to be the same for 4 wheel drive to work. i haven't done it myself but from what i've heard and read its a tough installation to do. gear install this is a write up that is in the techinal section. ya might wanna read it before you decide tho. just so you can see what needs to be done. as far as the gearing goes i would say that 4.10 is a good ratio to go with those 35's that you wanna choose. well i hope this helps. later.

jacob