Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Glock - lots of shooting yesterday.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Mar 20, 2005.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

A lot of shootin' yesterday. I took delivery of my new G30 ( compact .45) yesterday, and holstered it right away in my Blade-Tech paddle holster,www.blade-tech.com mag carriers and shot for 2 hours in an I.D.P.A. practice, with my instructor and 4 staff instructors.www.tacfire.com

Pretty intense. All from the holster, challenge drills, every mag reload you put in a dummy round for "clearance drills", etc. You get to yell a challenge, shoot, move, shoot, reload, and shoot. Use cover, etc. Man, it's a blast.

The G30 is smaller than my G21, and muzzle flips noticably. I got used to it. I am pleased with it. Probably only got 200-225 rounds through it, wanted to shoot more. Life is good.

2. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Congrats and good choice. I have been tossing around the idea of buying a G30 to add to my collection of Glocks even though my wife says I have enough (nonsense) ;) . I tell her "Each one has its own special place in life.":D

2-Glock 22s (one is Duty issue)
    1-Glock 23
    1 Glock 27
    1-Glock 17

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

cool, BERN did you have a VFR1000?? thats even cooler.:D

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

the last time i shot a glock was 5 years ago and it was a "9" LOL. we had a bullet trap set up at work and customers and friends would show up on saturday and go nuts. that was back when we had keys. 22-250's on bi pods, we shot the snot out of everything. we would set up ink pens and chaulk bottles. at anywere from 70 to 130 yards away.to much fun.:laugh: :laugh:

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

MMMMMM, The smell of gunpowder :grin: