Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New GM NP205 shifter...rattle begone?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5 NUTT, Dec 6, 2000.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Flipped open my 89 R/V parts manual today and called in an order for a NP205 shifter and knob from the 89 up end of the spectrum. Picked up the part as the number i used 6 months ago has been superceded....opened the box at the counter to see if it still came with the bolt and to my surprise the have modified the shifter as of late...odd because the NP205 option died with the R/V line in 91...plus GM only stocks and or holds parts for make model 10 years. Anyways where the shift lever bolt goes thru they have made the hole larger and it know has a pressed in rubber bushing with a steel inner sleeve ( a smaller version of a spring eye bushing!). Going to swap it into my 76 Chalet tonight after work and will report if this cures the rattle they are prone to!!! I'm thinking the popularity of the NP 205 in the last few years in swaps has caused a good enough demand to warrant GM spending the $ and time to redesign the lever....go figure. Anyways the PN# is 15548975 Lever Group 4.570....Over the counter no lube $101.00....my price $75.75. Knob Asse PN# 15648946 No Lube....$17.60...:) 13.20. And for knowledge the shift boot is now combined with the metal ring...only thing you can't get is the plastic trim plate to put over the top of the boot....it went Disco....but i'm scrounging for a few..lol.

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Update...installed shifter tonight...made a minor problem...all the linkage i have is kinda borrowed from our 72 Burb...with this shifter the bar and the link have to be changed also...whoops...of to GM in the am... while provide part numbers and prices again.

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban