Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New GM NV4500 & LH Drop TC on eBay

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JungleBoy, Mar 27, 2002.

1. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

He makes it sound like a piece of cake to move the differential from RS to LS. Maybe it is...

<a target="_blank" href=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1815913253>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1815913253</a>

2. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I think he's full of garbage on converting the front axle for a LH transfer case. The D44 and D60 differential housings have a spring pad integral to them for the right front spring. There's no pad on the opposing side of the housing, so where in heck is the left spring supposed to sit after the axle tubes are swapped?

3. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Sounds too complicated to me. I agree with Steve, Where would you put ths spring perch unless you could weld one on the outside on the diff casting.

Will

4. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

I agree - I thought his explanation was fishy. I think the TC is of such narrow application as to be nearly worhtless - a guy might pick up the trans reasonably, who knows. Although I saw a 67 Corvette owners manual "first edition, mint" go for $178 and I saw some guy on the Corvette Forum "said" that some nut paid $2550 for "NOS" early Camaro door sill plates which are still available from GM for under a hundred bucks...

Note to all - before buying "NOS" on ebay, please check your GM parts guy... Pretty common for me to buy new GM stuff for less than LMC or the like.