Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Good Year MT/R

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5experience, Jun 19, 2000.

1. K5experience

K5experience Registered Member

Just wondering if anyone has bought a set of the MT/Rs yet?
    Am thinking of going and getting a set and was just wondering how they handled off road ,in the mud and what the road is like if any. Thanks

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well, you might ask Keith, he went to Tellico with me and his K-5 did great, the GoodYears were kickin ass on the rocks.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Just bought a set today. $151 a peice. Haven't had them on the freeway yet but in town they are 10 times quiter than the MT's....and they ride alot smoother!!! A plus as i have run MT's for 5 years or so!

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>where did you get MT/Rs for $151 [​IMG]? the cheapest i've seen them is $198(!). my truck is in need of tires, I like the MT/Rs and if i can find them for $151 each, i'll get them. Are they 35s or 33s?</font color=blue>

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Sorry about that...hehehe. I bought another set of 33x12.5's. Haven't bothered bringin in the paperwork yet as i spent all night after the sun went down waxing the top on the Chalet...can'tattempt that manuever in the day time as the 100+ temps will make the wax a perminant addition to your paint and the heat will fry your brain! I bought the tires at a GOODYEAR dealer in Phoenix Az.....at the Metro Center...they had to go to the warehouse for them. They actually had 3 33x12.5 MT's in stock...but the numbers are dwindling fast as they are no longer being made. I'll post a report of how they handle at 65mph or so on the way into work tonight. So far though i am pleased as punch!

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

6. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

This is great news from a great site, you guys are the people I want to hear reviews from. I am in desperate need and have been running 35 inch MT for about 6 to 8 years. I heard the MTs were discontinued but I tried to get them anyway. I paid the guy then he called the warehouse and just as I suspected he told me they were disc. and the MT/R's were $38 more a tire. He felt bad so he gave me a discount and they were almost the same price as the MT's. I told him I had to think about it so he gave me my money back and gave me a written estimate with the discount in case I decide to buy. Glad to hear good things, maybe I will go ahead and order them. I wasn't sure at first because I like the old tread pattern better but if the news is good off road and they ride good on the street then they are mine. I was going to ask this very question today.

87 K5 Siverado, 68 SS 396 Camaro