Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new goodies

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jj4465, Aug 9, 2003.

1. jj4465

jj4465 Registered Member

well i just got back from a swap meet in kansas city...and i got some good stuff...got some rims..for the tires i dont have..im gonna get them next week....a new tail light...2 new blinker lights on the front....a bar of 4 lights that go across the top of the blazer...(somewhat like roll-bar with lights..just no big bars..just one)...some decals...and thats about it...for my tires...i posted this before but...i was wondering how big a tires i can get under my blazer with no lift..and someone said 33's..is this correct...and if i cut sheet metal i can get bigger?..i think ive decided against the lift as of now...and just want to get more rubber under my ride...should i go with 33's or will it possibly rub with them on and i should go a little smaller...thanks guys

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

you can run 33s with no lift with the proper offset of rim and such..i have 33s, no lift and the tires clearance the rear of the front opening for me...

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If the tire is really 33" tall and you wheel it, you will need to trim. If you buy a cheep 33x9.50 it should fit. If you buy a cheep 33x12.50 and keep the sawbar hooked up and stay on easy trails it won't rub enough to hurt anything. If you buy a wide tire that is really 33" tall you will need to trim a bunch if you unhook the swaybar. What are your plans for the truck, if its a street only ride you can fit a bigger tire.