Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new guy saying hi --with a question(kinda long)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigcountryk5, Mar 14, 2004.

1. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

new to CK5 just wanted to say hello--been working on my K5 for a couple of months and its starting to shape up rust repair is pretty much complete engine is strong so i started with the goodies-6in. skyjacker, 38in.TSL's,then i took it to simpson offroad for custom front/rear bumpers got it back and herculined the interior just got a 53in. beard suspension bench for the back and 2 renegade pro 2 seats for the front which will all mount to my cage this is where the question comes in --brian(simpson offroad) told me he would do the whole cage of my design (family style) including tube dash and mounting the seats for an even $grand didn't sound bad to me woundering what you guys think /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. dodgetruck91

dodgetruck91 Registered Member

Just need some pics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bigcountryk5

will try to get some pics tommorrow but it will be a full cage "family style" done right seen this guys work he builds great stuff it will be trianglated tight fitting have a tube dash pretty trick seat mounts will not be tied into frame-- it's going to be a mix of different cages with what works/performs be from each it is exactly what i want just curious as to whether or not you guys thought the price was right? i really don't have any other prices to go on for something like this it's going to be a lot of work and will be pretty extensive and he always makes sure it is exactly what i want

4. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I'm no expert but I say a grand sounds pretty good if this guy does the quality of work you make it sound like he does. And if he makes it all to your specs and does a tube dash while he's at it, then I say it sounds like an excellent deal.

By the way welcome to ck5. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif You should fill out your profile for us so we can learn a bit about you /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

If you can afford to do all that other stuff in just a couple months, who cares if a roll cage costs a grand? you obviously got some money coming in. But seriously, quality work is always worth alot more then average / sketchy work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Doesn't sound like it's too high. I'd probley pay a grand for what you're getting.

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

What's the design? How many points? Halo bar? etc. A grand sounds fair since steel prices are rising...just kinda depends on what he's building you for that 1000 clams...

8. bigcountryk5

thanks for the input --- i filled out my profile thought i did it last night when i joined but that was at like 2'o'clock in the a.m. so i guess i never hit submit , i wish the whole money thing wasn't a problem well its not right now b/c i took out a loan to by a blazer for 5g's and found the one i ended up buying and payed nearlly nothing (700$) for it because of a litle rust and body damage and crappy paint but it hadn't ever been wrecked frame was perfect and all the power windows and door locks worked i felt like i was stealing it but hell i'd do it again if i got the chance so thats where the extra change came in for the goods

9. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you've been spending well anyways. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If your still on stock axles you might want to look for at least some 3/4ton axles with a bit better gearing than stock. That way you won't need to worry as much about breaking parts with those 38's and your get up and go will be somewhat revived as well.

Just something to think about before all your cash is gone. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. bigcountryk5

4.56 gears front and rear how i forgot i don't know --those are one of my favorite mods so far they make it so much easier to tear up my back yard(drives my dad crazy) i do have a job though and have considered the new axles but they'll have to wait a while so i can save the money

11. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

High /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

12. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

Do you have any pictures of your K5 yet? A 1000 bucks does sound reasonable for what you were talking about too.

13. bigcountryk5

no, no pics of the K5 yet plus no digital camera plus i don't know squat about computers but i got a buddy with a camera and my little brother knows a bit about pc's so i'm working on it hopefully by the end of the week though