Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Guy... Visor Problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fish Hunter, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Fish Hunter

Fish Hunter Newbie

Greetings. I'm a Chevy addict. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I own a 88 K5 and the boy has a baby S-10. Anyhoo, I've done everything short of replacing the visors on this truck and they will not stay up. Anyone have any easy fix other than replacements?? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

i have no clue sorry but i'm sure you could go to a junkyard and get some that stay up for real cheap. not that hard to replace either. only three screws i believe. oh and welcome to ck5. its a great place with a bunch of great poeple and lots and lots of information. later.

jacob

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well I was looking in the LMC catalog to see if they showed seperat parts like a sleeve. Well right there with the reproduction visors was this.
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    SUN VISOR INSTALATION TIP:
    If your sun visor is loose on the rod and won't stay in the up position, bend the rod slightly to tighten the sun visor on the rod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to CK5!

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Here's what I did. I took the visor completely apart, to include the old vinyl stuff. After the vinyl (on my K5) there's a styrofoam pad, it's not attached. Then under that is a piece of cardboard that has a metal sleeve and the post runs through that. I can't remember if I took it apart that far, but I bent the metal sleeve so it was tighter against the post and it's been great for the last 3 years. I bought some new vinyl and sewed to the visor, looks okay, definately looks like it was done by hand.

5. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

Super glue it to the headliner.

Sorry just had to put in my smart a$$ remark. I've never tried to fix any of loose visors (just to lazy I guess). Anyway good luck with it.

Kirk

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Pull the headliner and the visors. Buy a pair of Oakley glasses. That's what I did about 3 years ago because the visors wouldn't stay up and the headliner was sagging. It's cheaper than a new headliner, and I kinda like the look of the factory painted roof. Now if I could figure out something to cover up the holes for the visor with.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

boy i wish i had your problems pal! lol