Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Guy with lots of questions

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 6.2K5Blazer, Jul 25, 2006.

1. 6.2K5Blazer

6.2K5Blazer Registered Member

After years of wanting a 4X4 but for some reason or another not being able to get one, with my wife's approval (nonetheless) I am now the proud owner a 1986 Chevy Blazer with the 6.2L diesel. The Blazer is in near show room condition. You cant get me out of the thing.

I do have some questions. I am considering doing some mods. First, adding the Banks turbo, I don’t beat any of my vehicles but I want to see what people think, has anyone actually seen an improvement in mileage with the addition of a turbo? I don’t think the blazer is pokey to begin with but I think the turbo would make it down right fast.

Tires. The Blazer (Gus) has 235/75 R15s, they look like skate board wheels. My research shows that 31X10.5 R15s will fit without modification. What does everyone think? I know 31s aren’t huge but I passed a mild lift by my wife and it was vetoed (I have a very good inclination to hurting my self so this is for the better really). She has been very supportive of my new hobby, she was onboard for the Blazer to begin with, we are go for the turbo (next spring) and she is cool with 31s. So in the interest of preserving my marriage (which is important to me) and making sure Gus still fits in the garage, no lift is on the books.

Also I am looking for some of the little rubber door stops that are on the inside door frame of the truck. Does anyone have a part number for them or know where I could get some easily? I know this is nit picky but the truck is in really good shape and this will help reduce a rattle at highway speeds.

Any Feedback is welcome.

Also is anyone out in the Seattle area? I am looking to get into some mild offroading (nothing aggressive) and looking for someone to show me around.

Thanks a ton, Great board here!!

2. 86dieselburb

86dieselburb 1/2 ton status

Dont have an answer for the turbo or tire question, but LMC is a good lace to get thos rubber pieces.

http://www.LMCtruck.com

3. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

The Turbo does what Banks claims it does.

You can put 32" and most 33" tires in there without mods.

Yes, LMC! Possibly JC Whitney You can also search eBay.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

32's and no lift on some nice ralley rims is a very nice looking combo IMO...

I'm about 2 hours north of you.

Rene