Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New guy....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by StageZ, Jul 2, 2001.

1. StageZ

StageZ Registered Member

I finally got my first 4x4, 84 K5 Blazer... She has a 4" Rancho lift but the thing I'm not happy with is the travel... I read the extended shock mount write up, (I'm going to do it when I can find someone to weld the back brace for me...) what are the best ways to increase travel? I have seen some of your K5s in readers rides(beautiful BTW), and If someone can give me some tips to start with, it would be apreciated... thanks..
    Greg

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the fun..
    Post some pics of your ride.. and also.. you can ask for some help by making a post.. starting out like this.. " Help needed in Yourtown, Calif"..
    Then in the post.. put a detailed description of what you would like done...
    Hope that helps a little.. and one more time..
    Welcome..

A well armed society is a polite society. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</A>

3. bigredblazer

bigredblazer 1/2 ton status

The first thing you should do is look everything over, and make sure that nothing is limiting the flex. Brake lines, exhaust,etc. etc. Then a cheap mod is to get sway bar disconnects from ORD. The posibilities are endless. The shock towers are another great mod to do. If your front springs have the wrap around clamps you could loosen those up also. There are tons of stuff to do, and anyone in here will have more ideas......good luck!