Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Head Unit Alpine-9813

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Triaged, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I bought it from Circuit City for $300 w/ free install. It has everything I wanted except it has a motorized face which I didn't really like. It is black, goes dim when you turn the headlights, and plays mp3's awesome. Now next is to try and get some more midbass up front...I'm thinking about some 6.5's in the doors with an amp to power them and the 4x6's already in the dash (that put out highs well and that is about it).

I did however notice that the fan on the back of it isn't working and the unit was getting hot to the touch. I am going to bring it back and swap it for a new one. That isn't something I would have expected to happen...Alpine has always been recomended to me as a good brand...?

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I have an Alpine head unit in my 2002 Silverado, can't remember the model number but its the one with the blue lighting instead of green. Its a year or two old and has always been warm/hot to the touch ever since I got it. Obviously the longer I leave it on and play cd's the warmer it gets, but it has never failed me, even on a 12 hour road trip. The cd's coming out of it were almost hot, but it kept playing without any problems. I'm very happy with mine! So happy with it, this is its 3 vehicle that it has been in....and hopefully last!

Kris