Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New head unit!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by k5james, Sep 10, 2006.

1. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I got a decent deal on a lightly used Eclipse 8445 ($250 shipped) for my Blazer. Now I just need a couple of amps and a component set and to get it running and I'm set. :D

Just thought I'd share. Here's some pics...

eclipse.jpg

eclipse2.jpg

eclipse3.jpg

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Nice, I recomend a 4 channel Phoenix Gold amp. You can get smoking deals on ebay for their Octane series amps. I run one and have been very pleased with it.

3. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I was a big fan of the Tantrum line. I'm getting an ED 9.2x to power my 2 JL 10w3v1's and a 9.2 and 6500 components. I'm a big fan of ED's stuff. I have to get the hooptee running first before I buy anymore audio junk. ;)

4. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

May I ask why you are an eD fan? Im not trying to start anything here (and wont, dont worry lol) but eD has been caught in pratically fraudulent practices (misinformation about their deadening products), the way they handled the problems with the T-joints in their 15" K series woofers was borderline iilegal imo (alot of people did not receive a refund OR a new working product), and frankly I wouldn't trust anything Ben (the owner) had to say at this point. He's shown me he's either incompetent, or a flat-out liar.

Many (if not most) people get good products from eD, not trying to suggest otherwise. Just wanting to give a heads up. Good luck and keep us posted.

5. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I've heard some of that stuff in the past about them but while some of it is true a lot of it, I think, is sour grapes. All of the products I've seen first hand(flat cone 12A and 16Ov.2 and a few of the 9 series amps) have been top notch. So I'm willing to give them a shot. We'll see how it goes.

6. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Ive personally spoken with Ben Milne, had him lie to my face (well, on the phone) about their deadening products. Their website, until recently, has been lying about the material make-up of their older sound deadening mats, until the lie was exposed and Ben scambled to make a new mat that actually does fit their lies. Ive also spoken to the author of the 'sound deadener showdown' that brought these lies into the light originally, and his assessment of Ben/eD is exactly the same as mine. Ive personally read Ben's own excuses that either 1) show him as incompetent beyond belief, or 2) catch him out-right lying to the consumers. And I can link to a thread where one of Ben Milne's personal friends let the cat out the bag, showing picture after picture of broken/returned K series subs that the customers 1) never got a refund, and 2) never got a new speaker.

Oh its true alright.... unfortunately. :(