Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new headers and exhaust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88k5blazin, Apr 14, 2007.

1. 88k5blazin

88k5blazin 1/2 ton status

any recomendations for a set of headers and exhaust parts for a pretty stock tbi 350. anything that won't break the bank but at the same time not be worthless and need replacement after 3 trips to the trails. most likly doing dual exhaust need more help with the headers than anything else

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You can get a set of Hookers for like $150.... Thorleys are nice, but'll run ya like $375...

Westfield eh? My old stomping ground, grew up in Scotch Plains..

3. 88k5blazin

88k5blazin 1/2 ton status

is it worth it to spend the extra money on the thorleys to get any better performance or keep them from warping and getting leaks.

yeh westfields nice but once its time for me to move out of my parents i won't be living anywhere around here

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

IMO On a fairly stock TBI 350 Single 3" exhaust works the best, and is the cheapest, and easiest to do. and less pipe to tear up on the trail.

The Edelbrock TES is an excellent good quality header and Y pipe system. I have had mine on for around 6 years with no leaks and just little rust on the y pipe. The headers are mild stainless steel. It hooks up the the stock 3" system.

If you get headers you have to either get headers with the 02 sensor hole or weld a bung for the 02 in the collector.

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Aren't the plugs a bitch on the Edelbrocks?

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

No not really. Cant get on some of the plugs with a ratchet. But easy to get to with a short spark plug socket and a open end wrench.

7. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

for a stock motor I would stick with manifolds. if you want to do headers I recommend Heddman. I got a set that tucks up away from the shackle. they have a ball socket so they seal well. I posted about them in the garage awhile back. forget the part number now but if you search you'll find it.