Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Headliner ????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by opfor2, Feb 4, 2003.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

My headliner is starting to fall apart and I would like to either fix it or replace it. Has anyone fixed there headliner ? What type of glue did you use and how well did it work ? LMC is selling new liners for approx. 179.00 which I think is a little toooo much....

All help welcome

Dan...

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Can't remember if it was LMC or not, but someone was selling a "solid" backed headliner. (PVC backing perhaps?) Probably a lot less likely to fall down, and even if so, should be a lot easier to "recover" it than the cardboard backed stuff.

This is what you'd need to do it yourself http://www.atrim.com/Page199g.html think that company sells the adhesive too.

3. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

I actually picked my material up a local fabric store for $4.00 a yard. Just took the old one off and used a scotch brite pad to clean up the leftover residue. I used the expensive 3M adheshive. (Cost more than the Material) I did this over a year and is still holding up well.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I did the same- actually got black velour...it was more than $4 per yard, but it was definetly worth it. My original headliner was in great shape, but it was that white vinyl crap with thoe 500000000 pin holes in it...

The biggest issue is prep, as with anything else...if you clean up the cardboard well, and use quality adhesive, it works great.

brandy