Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new hear...picking up first blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Apr 7, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey guys whats up...im new hear..im 16 years old..and i love 4x4ing..im picking pu a 1985 k5 this teusday..it runs great..but the body is rough! but me and my dad are going to fix it up. it has a 305 wiht automatic tranny. all stock. will have a pic of it up shortly..

bryan

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Well welcome to CK5. Dont expect to do much work on your Blazer, youll be here all the time! LOL!!!

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

HHEEEYYY lol wow.. i know you..(not really)..but i happened to come across your blazer pics on webshots a while ago.. long befor i found this place lol!! i juts happpend to see them in your reply to my message. lol i have had pics of your blazer on my desk top for about a month now!! ncie rig!

later-Bryan

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

HHEEEYYY lol wow.. i know you..(not really)..but i happened to come across your blazer pics on webshots a while ago.. long befor i found this place lol!! i juts happpend to see them in your reply to my message. lol i have had pics of your blazer on my desk top for about a month now!! ncie rig!

later-Bryan

5. Pure Insanity

LMAO!!!! So your one of the people that has down loaded my pics! I have always wondered who had them. LOL!! Which pic do you have up?

Thanx! I updated them a few times now. I have PI1 on there and a few of my tach on recall at 77-7800 RPM.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Welcom to the 4x4ing world. I'm fairly new to it myself. I just bought a Blazer a couple of weeks ago. I have big plans, just wish I had the big bucks to make it all happen. You can see pic's of my Blazer by clicking on the link below. It's all stock too. Hopefully it won't be for much longer. I recomened you decide what you want to use your Blazer for befor you go buying parts. I'm going for light rock crawling and alot of mudding. I'm into exploring old forgoten trails to find old ghost towns and stuff like that.

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to CK5, brother...........Enjoy your stay. All in all, we're a pretty friendly bunch./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey..i thought that i replyed to tis message..but amybe not so i am doing it aing..i think i have all your pics form webshots up! yeao have them on my desktop..wear you are climbing the rocks piles iguess. i love that blazer!..what do you have on/in it?

bryan-later

9. Pure Insanity

The piles are in a pasture at my mom and dads house. The piles are crushed asphalt. Someday theyre gonna get the drive way fixed and have that spread I guess. They just looked too tempting to me. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanx for the compliments, it has a 6" suspension lift, 3" body lift, 16X38 Sawmpers on 12 wide wheels. 400 plus horse 350 TH 350 and NP208. 10 bolts are still in it for now, I have a 14 bolt waiting to go in, and someday Ill go D60 front. I also have a Hydro-Boost set up for it waiting to go in.

UUUMMMM have I missed anything?

Oh yeah, Ill be smoothing the top, shaving the drip rails, body side mouldings, emblems, side marker lites, roof spoiler and handles. Ill be putting S10 flush mount handles down low in the doors, then a white pearl coat paint w/ stripes or something. Ill decide on the stripes or graphics when I go in the booth. I am a body man BTW. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

cool.i wihs you lived around here lo.l..im def. ganna need some help wiht this thing lol..it needs some big time body wokr..basicly new panals..sheet medal..then im ganna reprime and paint it. wil ltake some time and money thuogh.but i cant wait to start on it and see hpw it looks when its done!

bryan-later

11. Pure Insanity

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

i wihs you lived around here lo.l..im def. ganna need some help wiht this thing lol..it needs some big time body wokr

<hr></blockquote>

LOL!! I hear that quite a bit! HEHE!

12. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

WooHoo! Right on bro! Welcome to the party that is ColoradoK5.com!!!

13. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well guys..i just got my blazer last wedsday1! im really excited..sitting out in my drive way in front of my 79 chevy rihgt now! heheh and im going tomorrow to look at a 84..for body parts for it..becuase liek i said..it is goingto need some good body wokr..and if this blzer is in way better all around condition that my 85..then i will just swap the 305 and tranny...and put it in the other one! lol but mine has really nice interior though for its age!

bryan-later

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How about getting us some pics, mine is far from perfect, but I'm pretty proud of it.

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hi
    yea i will get some up asap...i dont have a digita lcamera but my frind up the street does.i wll have ot get a hold fo him to take some pics for me!...im going tomorrow to look at a blazer for parts..or maybe for the one i choose to drive! lol..all depneds on the body shape..becuase if the pone im looknig at tomorrow (84 k5) is in a lot al laorund better condition than this one..ill juts switch the engine and tranny form mine into it..cuase this one doesnt havea engine or tranny in it...but if a feel really ambishes(how ever the hell you spell that lol)..i will do the work..and switch all the body panals to mine....the interior in mine is pretty nice though..but in any event..yea i will get some pics up asap!...oh by the way z3PR..yours aint bad..and your body is better than mine! ahha..laters

Bryan

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey agin guys
    well i looked at it and yea we are gonig to proboly uy it! its a lot mroe solid..and the guy is throwing in a brand new tailgate! lol..for how much you ask!? 75 BUCKS no joke!! loL he wants it outa there..so we takingthe engine and tranny and al lthe good stuff from my 85..and its going in my new 84. and thats my new ride! its got the rally wheels wiht 31 tires..sits hgiher than my totally stock blazer lol..and..its got AC lol...wil lpost some pics soon..

later-Bryan