Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New here w/ questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Suffergauge, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

I will be getting a 79 k5 in a week or so and had some questions for you guys. I believe it is a "Cheyenne" is that rare? All I seem to see are Silverados. What is the difference between the two? I know the the yoke on the back side of the transfer case needs to be replaced, any idea how much it will cost. I really think it is a good deal for $3500. The motor is new, maybe 4000 miles on it. The exhaust is new, custom made. The lift is new, was unlifted when the current owner bought it. Also are there aftermarket bumpers ( tube style) available for these or just the massive ones?

Thanks in advance!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The Cheyenne is not rare, it is just a lower trim level, rubber instead of carpet, no AC, manual locks and windows, etc. Not any of this as a rule, but in general. T-case yoke will run maybe $75 parts and labor. Tube bumpers are available, lots of places make them in many different styles. </font color>

3. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

Thanks, it seems weird that if it is a "cheaper" model that ya don't see more of 'em. Is this a good deal for the pacific nw? Oh yeah, it also comes with a new tube grill (uninstalled), a set of captians chairs, and a pretty decent stereo. I suppose it helps that the owner is a good friend huh?

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i've got a cheyenne and it came with carpet and AC /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i think a cheyyenne is a step up from a custom delux, which is what my dads has. bone stock, no ac, windows, locks, head liner no nothin just bone stock, but i like them better! thats basicly what ill be turning my 84 k5 into, besides switching from power locks and windows, my locks dont even work so i just do it manualy.. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Bryan

6. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

i just bought a '76 cheyenne k5 with a rebuilt motor w/about 55,000 on it...6+ inch lift, and a few other good things for $3400...seemed to be a good deal to me and my friend who knows a hell of a lot more about these things than i