Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Hood

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mrprex, Jul 7, 2000.

1. mrprex

mrprex Registered Member

Hey everyone,
    I am getting the Blazer painted (finally) and priced a new hood. Do you all think 160.00 is a good price for a new hood? Cheyenne Truck Parts didn't do me wrong on the fender that I got from them.. Thanks for the input!

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Is it steel or fiberglass? Does it have an airduct or is it a factory replacement?

89 K5 Silverado

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hell yes, if you have $160 it's a good price!! By the way should I have pancakes or waffles in the morning......sorry must be the heat!!

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

4. mrprex

mrprex Registered Member

Oh, it's a steel factory replacement hood found on page 87 of the cheyenne truck parts catalog. The cowl induction hoods are much more expensive but I am really just trying to cherry the body out in the factory look. They didn't do me wrong with my fender. It was like 112$ after shipping and it was totally undamaged!! Anyways, thanks for the input guys!! Hopefully I will gt pics up soon after I finsh the paint job. My father in law are working on it and it takes quite a bit longer because of the schedule between us.