Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Hydroboost= New Noise!!(dangit!)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stevos67k20, Oct 30, 2006.

1. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

i just put my hydroboost in with new russel lines. the actual brakes work amazing i am very proud of them, BUT the steering is not as smooth as it used to be and now its making noise. its like a rrrrrrrrrrrrrr. and it goes with the engine rpm so when i slown down in gear it goes RRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr. its really lame. Also: when i bled the lines I turned the engine on, then off, then rotated the tires lock to lock a couple times, repeating the process till the fluid level stayed the same. HOWEVER, my power steering fluid gets bubbly once i drive my truck. once i let it sit over night it goes away. please help.
    my line ARE hooked up correctly too. is there still air in the lines? whats the best way to get it out with a hydro boost? thanks guys.
    -Steven K

my brakes work awesome with my new rear dics on the 14boltff, i strongly recomend the upgra de. hydro boost is awesome too, i barely have to push the pedal to stop my truck. they work better than my moms 01 silverado! :truck:

2. Slapperbar

Slapperbar Retired Navy NDT Examiner Premium Member

Keep bleeding the system. Sounds like there's still air in the pump/lines.

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Did you bleed the hydrobooster? It sounds like you still have air in the booster. Put the front on jackstands and with the engine running cycle the wheel back and forth but stay off of the locks. While doing this press the brakes to the floor and let off keep doing this until the noise goes away. Mine did the same thing until I bleed the booster properly.

Ira

4. extremetahoe

extremetahoe 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep still got air in the system....

Like they said.. Keep turning the wheels with the engine running till the noise goes away....

5. stevos67k20

Nice! thanks guys. yeah i never really turned the wheels when i had it running on jacks. i think i did it like twice....well now i know where i went wrong and i'll know for next time, thanks again.

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Since you have hydroboost dont forget to pump the brakes while turning the wheel or you wont get all of the air out of the booster.

Ira

7. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

It will go away with time. Mine did.

8. stevos67k20

ok i'm trying to bleed the system right now but i cant keep the fluid from overflowing on the pump. when i start it and turn the wheels it jumps around, making it very un-smooth. should i just keep cranking the wheel when the engine is off even though it will over flow? it only overflows when i turn right i think (only one way). thanks
    Steven k

9. bigblock72

bigblock72 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Engine has to be running to push the air out of the system. It will push the fluid out of the pump when the engine is off.