Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New idea - beyond point of no return

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SickboySS, Apr 20, 2003.

1. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

hey guys...we were brainstorming ideas on what to do with the blazer because the floors are getting horribly bad - drivers seat is held up with blocks, tailgate sealed, etc...

the idea of turning it into a pickup came across...

how hard is it to put a cab and a stepside bed on a K5 frame? is the exactly the same, or does the bed have to be shortened a little bit? i was looking through some members pics and i saw a couple that looked like they were shortened, but i don't kno....

is it easier to do this swap, or just do a cab and a custom flatbed? we've been thinking both, but not quite sure...

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanx

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

The short box will need shortened. The Blazer has a shorter WB. There is another thread showing a couple of other rigs w/cabs.

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I hate to say this but do a search. This has been covered numerous times and IIRC its come up in the last week.

But for what I know, The rear cab Xmember from a PU frame will be needed to mount the back cab mount. AFAIK, everything from there forward is the same.

I know for fact the bed will need to be shortened.

4. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

5. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

srry bout posting it guys....i didn't do a search, i was being impatient, haha

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

No need to be sorry. A search will net the answers you need faster sometimes anyhow. Even scrolling thru the prev few days will find the answers sometimes.

Topics seem to cycle around here for some reason. There wont be a post on electric fans, Vortec heads, or cab swaps for 3 months, then in 2 weeks every other post is about that topic.

Kinda strange really... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif