Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New IFS Owner's:

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Don, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

New IFS Owner\'s:

I'm sure you have noticed how LOW the frame's are to the ground with these newer rig's! I just bought a used 02 Silverado HD 4x4, and decided to change all the Filter's/Lubricant's, in the vehicle just as a starting point, so I would know when it was serviced.

I pulled into the garage broke out the creeper, drain pan, assorted tool's, and went to roll underneath to start the dealio, and low and behold, I don't fit under the damn frame rail's on this thing! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

This bring's a new suspension lift into the picture, another $1500.00 to get it 6" higher, just to get my fat ass under there! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

With the old 71 I could roll anywhere under the rig, except the axle housing's.

Rant is over, Thank You! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: New IFS Owner\'s:

you always could put a 3"body lift on there /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif that way you could store stuff above the frame /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif