Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Infinity Sub

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Cusm, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I just saw the new Infinity Kappa Basslink (it may not be that new, but I have never seen it before) and was wondering if I would be able to integrate this into the side panel. I was planning on doing the sub in the side panel like Derf00 and BlazzinOr have done, and this with the built in amp would solve the amp/sub issue. I found a good deal on these on fleabay and did not know if it would work in the side panel. The deminsions are vertical mounting 14-1/2"Wx 13-3/8"Hx9-7/8"D. Thanks

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

only thing i can say is find a store that offers those and listen to them.. I havent heard of them, seen them till now... but chances are they probably sound ok.. as for if they will work in the panels... take some cardboard and cut it to the dimensions that it states and see what it kinda looks like... Im not a big fan of preloaded subs but there are some decent ones out there...I would see if someone locally sells them and listen to them first...

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

3. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input, I have not seen any like these except the JL Audio ones that are made for specific vehicles. I will look this weekend for them, but will probably end up just going with a single 8" or 10" and seperate amp. Thanks Prembird I appreciate the input.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

notta problem.. personally i think you will have more control with seperate sub and amp.. not to mention you can always reuse either of them somewhere else... more versitle also..

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

When I used to install fulltime I put one of those things in the back of a guys Beretta. I wasn't very satisfied with it. Never got that loud and just didn't sound that great. Messed with the gains and EQ for quite a while, but it never improved. I think the problem is how Infinity speakers have always been great, but their amps are total crap.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad