Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*NEW* information for the Table Mesa run April 12th-14th*DIRECTIONS*

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Greenblazer-AZ, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

<font color=red>DIRECTIONS</font color=red>:
    <font color=blue>North on I-17 past New River to Table Mesa Rd Exit 236. Go West of Freeway and turn right/north <font color=red>(left goes back on freeway south)</font color=red> shortly after pavement ends on left will be a parking lot for trailers. Then follow neon pink string markers to camp site. LOOK FOR THE <font color=red>"ARIZONA TRAIL BLAZERS"</font color=red> SIGN for the turn off off into the camp site.</font color=blue>

I paste copied my reply to therobzilla's "list" and posted it here to make sure no one would miss it. Feel free to make any other announcements you feel are important like directions. I may have extra seats like Fred no rear cage so you'd have to hop out on the tough stuff. I can't guarantee the seats will all be open, a friend of mine may be bringing her baby and riding with me, but I won't know till Friday. I might even have to leave Bear(my dog) home for this trip. now for the info I was talking about:

WOW! This forum escaped my attention untill now. I'm glad to see it. This trip is going to be a blast. The only downside is that the expense of the locker is going to cut into my budget and there are a lot more people comming than I thought, so feeding everyone my Shoyu Chicken is going to be tough. I still plan on making it but I doubt that I'll have more than enough to give everyone more than a sample. I'm going to costco to see what it will cost tomorrow, I think I'll be able to do about 15 lbs of chicken. To be done properly it has to marinate about eight hours so bringing your own chicken friday night would help. I'll bring the ingredients incase more of you want to try it. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about I'll explain breifly. The last couple of runs I've been telling everyone about my Hawaiian chicken recepie called "Shoyu Chicken". I grew up in Hawaii where "Shoyu Chicken" is one of the most popular things cooked on a grill. Everyone that I have ever made it for has raved about it and it gets gobbled up at an incredible rate. The last time I made it I ran out very quickly and a lot of people missed out, because the people that tried it kept comming back for more. Anyone that brings their own chicken can add it to the marinade Saturday morning and by the end of the day it should be good enough to cook. Just let me know so I know how much I have to deal with. I might need to get a big cooler to hold all the chicken while it's marinating. If your going to bring your own, I reccommend bringing thighs. Unless you really don't like dark meat. Thighs come out the best and have the most flavor. For those of you wondering, no there is no marijuana in it.

2. Greenblazer-AZ

Re: Important information for the Table Mesa run April 12th-14th

Russ aka BadDog said he would chip in. Does anyone have a large grill?

3. Greenblazer-AZ

Re: Important information for the Table Mesa run April 12th-14th*Directions*

TTT for directions

4. Greenblazer-AZ

I just talked to Rob, and we will be meeting about 3:30 at the trailhead/parking lot.

5. Greenblazer-AZ

TTT one last time before I hit the road. See you there!